Table of Contents
· From Whom To Collect Information
· Information Collection
· How & Why Do We Process These Information?
· How & With Whom Do We Share These Information
· Your Reserved Rights To Your Information
· Security Of Your Information
· California Consumers Specific Privacy Information
· Changes To This Privacy Notice
From whom to collect information
· Consumers over 18 years old;
· A potential/existing battery owner;
· A visitor to PYTESUSA.COM and/or social media pages;
· A user of PYTES online learning or test page;
· As a participant in a sweepstake, contest, promotion or competition offered by PYTES, either alone or with a third party/ies (“promotion”);
· A user of the PYTES user portal and/or PYTES app(s);
· A distributor, sales representative, an installer, or other person engaged or interested in the distribution and sale of PYTES products.
Information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise may include:
· Business & personal contact information. Such as your first and last name, email and physical addresses, phone number, professional title, company name, street address, city, state, country of residence, and postal code.
· Registration & Profile information. Such as your PYTES online account name, account number, photograph, interests, and preferences.
· Feedback or correspondence information. Such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
· Content you choose to upload to the Service. Such as text, images, audio, video, and digital signatures, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
· Transaction information. Information provided to make a purchase such as payment card information, financial account number, and billing information is never collected or stored by PYTES, but is provided directly to third-party payment processors such as Stripe, and Paypal.
· Information from your use of PYTES Services & Products. We will also collect information about how and where you use or purchase PYTES Services and products, such as current product state (e.g. software/firmware version), installer company name…
· Information from targeted marketing requests. We also may reach out to you with surveys, research and analysis about your specific feedback or opinions about our products or the energy transition.
· Information from other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources such as PYTES certified installer, may share your contact and energy-related information with us if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our products or services. Sometimes, we may collect your personal information from your installer at your direction. These third-parties’ privacy policies govern their sharing of information with PYTES and their other processing, so we advise you to contact the third-parties for further information.
· Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. Other information that may be collected automatically may include pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access.
How & Why do we process these information?
· To store, delete or anonymize your information;
· Audits, investigations, dispute resolution or warranty purposes, litigation or defense of claims;
· Statistical, historical or scientific research;
· Legal and/or regulatory compliance.
· Deliver our products and Provide our services to you through certified PYTES Distributor/Installer in your area, PYTES APP and/or our Online Community;
· Process warranty questions or claims;
· Update the software and/or firmware within the unit;
· Access your battery system for the purposes of ensuring its proper installation, function or for troubleshooting, Detecting or preventing security issues/concerns regarding your battery system;
· Engage you in our Web User portal, PYTES APP;
· Manage relationships for marketing purposes such as maintaining and promoting contact with you;
· Account management including account verification (i.e. ensuring that only you or someone you authorize has access to your account and information);
· Customer service and development of our products and services;
· Performance of and analysis of market surveys, customer interviews, and marketing strategies, including those of the SHANGHAI PYTES ENERGY of companies to which we belong;
· Promotions offered to PYTES Customers;
· In the case of distributors, sales representatives, certified PYTES installers, or other persons engaged in the distribution and sale of PYTES products, to make it available to their customers and other approved PYTES partners for cross-promotion.
How & With Whom Do We Share These Information?
We may share your personal information with others listed below with your consent or as otherwise instructed by you in order to carry out our obligations or contracts to you, or to meet your requests.
· Affiliates. Any company that is a member of our parent company Shanghai PYTES Energy Co., LTD., which may be located outside of your location, as necessary for internal administrative purposes, corporate strategy, auditing and monitoring, sanctions screening and research & development.
· Installers and Distributors. We may share your information with installers or other energy partners for purposes of introducing you and facilitating a transaction
· Other persons engaged in sale of PYTES products. Installers and Distributors of PYTES may share your information on a strict need to know basis and for a relevant business purpose with: PYTES customers, other certified PYTES installers & distributors, sales representatives, or other approved PYTES partners engaged in the distribution and sale of PYTES products.
· Social Media Networks and Advertisers. Depending on your marketing preferences, we may share information with social media networks (such as Facebook) and advertisers in order to show our ads to you on other platforms. Examples include your visits to our website, your interactions on our website, use of Facebook tools such as Facebook Connect, and information collected from cookies or similar technologies. This allows us to measure the effectiveness of our ads, improve our marketing practices, and help us deliver more relevant ads to you. For this campaign, we are a joint data controller with these social media outlets. This means that we must provide you with this notice, but if you wish to exercise your data protection rights, please contact these social media directly.
· Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service (such as payment processors, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, database management, as well as permit and rebate application preparation and submission services.)
· Other users of the Services and the public. We may provide functions that enable you to share your information with other users of the PYTES Services & Products or the public to exchange ideas and information or otherwise communicate in other ways.
· Professional Advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurance companies, when necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
· Governmental Authorities and Private Parties. We may share your personal information with a competent public authority, government, regulatory, supervisory, investigative or fiscal agency for the purposes of rights protection, fraud prevention and security.
· Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in the case of the sale, transfer or other sharing of some or all of our business or assets in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
*When your personal data have been transferred to companies within the global Pytes companies and/or to authorized third parties located outside of your country, we take organizational, contractual and legal measures to ensure that your information are exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and that adequate levels of protection have been implemented to safeguard your personal data.
Your Reserved Rights To Your Information
· Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an PYTES Account on PYTESUSA.COM, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile.
· Choose Whether To Receive Targeted Online Advertising & Marketing Messages Or Not. If you don’t want receive these from us, you may contact us directly or opt out of receiving further marketing by replying STOP to our marketing message. Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications. Even if you opt out of targeted ads, you will still see ads online, but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you opt out, not all companies that offer online behavioral ads are included in the opt-out mechanism provided above, so you may still receive some cookies and customized ads from companies not listed.
· Choose Whether To Track Or Not. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Whether or not to agree to tracking” signals to the online services that you visit. You have rights to Choose whether to track or not.
· Choosing Whether To Share Your Information Or Not. You reserve the right to choose whether or not to share the information. We may not be able to provide you with the Service or the quality of the Service may be affected if (1) you do not provide personal information when requested (2) you withdraw consent
Security Of Your Information
PYTES is committed to protecting your information. We have implemented technologies and policies designed to protect your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use. In particular, we may use encryption for certain services, we apply authentication and verification processes to access PYTES services, and we regularly test, evaluate and assess the effectiveness of our security measures. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
California Consumers Specific Privacy Information
We do not sell your personal information unless you provide us with your explicit consent to pass on your information to certified PYTES installers & distributors, sales representatives or other approved PYTES partners engaged in the distribution and sale of PYTES products to contact you for an offer regarding our products and services.
We do not and will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights explained in this Privacy Notice regardless of whether or not the California Consumer Privacy Act applies to you including:
· Denying you access to goods and/or services;
· Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
· Providing you a different level of goods and/or services;
· Suggesting you may receive a different price or rate for goods and/or services or a different level of quality of goods and/or services.
To the extent possible, we ask that you PLEASE DO NOT provide PYTESUSA or any of its representatives or affiliates with “Sensitive Personal Information”, which includes your social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; your precise geolocation (not including the location of your PYTES energy storage system), information revealing your racial or ethnic origin, religion, or union membership; the contents of your private communications not directed to sonnen, Inc.; biometric information; data concerning your health; data concerning your sexual orientation; or other data collected and analyzed for the purpose of identifying such information.
We do not process or store Sensitive Personal Information of individual customers except in rare circumstances in which you will be specifically notified of the need for Sensitive Personal Information.
Changes To This Privacy Notice